Founded in 1967, Nutra-Life has over 50 years’ experience in helping Kiwi families to take charge of their wellbeing. From small beginnings, we’ve grown into one of New Zealand’s leading health food supplement brands.
Throughout our 50 years, we’ve maintained our commitment to evidence-based formulations containing well-researched ingredients to help you and your family.
We produce most of our products ourselves in our independently audited, state-of-the-art plant in East Tamaki, New Zealand, and ensure we meet strict manufacturing standards.
Nutra-Life has a long and proud tradition of quality assurance for over 50 years. Today, the company operates out of a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility purpose built to Therapeutic Good Manufacturing (GMP) standards, to meet the most stringent quality control requirements.
Our products are scientifically researched and triple tested, ensuring absolute quality in every product; ingredients are tested prior to production, during production and post production.
It is also certified by government agencies including:
• TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration), which does the same for companies who sell dietary supplements (listed medicines) in Australi
• Medsafe New Zealand, which oversees companies who manufacture dietary supplements in New Zealand
• MPI (Ministry for Primary Industries), which oversees companies who manufacture foods and dietary supplements based on animal and dairy ingredients (e.g. protein powders and colostrum) in New Zealand.
Our company operates on the philosophy of continual improvement, and maintains the quality and integrity of its products and processes through regular in-house quality programmes and extensive testing procedures.
Nutra-Life Quality Assurance programme Includes:
• Raw material activity testing to verity the level of actives in each material via highly specialised methods such as HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) and procedures to test against contaminants such as heavy metals.
• Microbiological testing for assurance against bacterial contamination
• Tablet and capsule disintegration testing to ensure the tablets and capsules disintegrate in the body so that actives are available for absorption.
• Stability testing to ensure product stability and performance throughout the life of the product
• In line process testing to ensure the consistence and quality of the product throughout the production cycle.
• Production site testing to ensure the plant is clean and that conditions are optimal for manufacturing and packing including rigorous testing of air flows and air control
• Raw material supplier testing to provide an approved supplier base where each supplier used is audited for their quality practices and consistence in providing quality raw materials.